9783825360634 Yiddish poets and the Soviet Union, 1917-1948.
What does YID stand for?
YID stands for Yiddish
This definition appears very frequently
See other definitions of YID
We have 2 other meanings of YID in our Acronym Attic
- Young Israel of Century City (Los Angeles, CA)
- Young Indian Culture Group
- Yemen Company for Investments in Oil and Minerals
- Yamaha Induction Control System
- Yantian International Container Terminals (China)
- Yokohama International Container Terminal (Japan)
- Yoga Institute of Champaign Urbana (Illinois)
- Youth Information and Counselling Unit (UK National Health Service)
- Y-Input Data
- Yes I Do
- Yoshi's Island DS (Yosshi Airando Di Esu game)
- Your Ideal Date
- Yonkers Industrial Development Agency (Yonkers, NY)
- Youths in Development and Change (Gambia)
- Yonkers Industrial Development Corporation (New York)
- Yukon Indian Development Corporation Ltd. (Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada)
- Yamagata International Documentary Film Festival (Yamagata, Japan)
- Y-Input Data Processor
- Young Israel of Eltingville (Staten Island, NY)
- Youth in Europe (www.youthineurope.com)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The online Urban Dictionary calls it "a Yiddish phrase for worries, stress or hassle," giving this example: "Oy, Zelda, I don't want to be a kvetch, but I've got tsuris up to here.
Passionate Pioneers: The Story of Yiddish Secular Education in North America, 1910-1960.
Sasha Majerovsky, vice president of Citywide Properties, Inc, has negotiated a long-term lease for The National Yiddish Theatre-Folksbiene Folksbiene.