Death rates for each cancer dropped significantly from 1993-2001 in people with at least 16 years of education in every sex and race subgroup except lung cancer among black women, for which death rates were stable.
What does YED stand for?
YED stands for Years of Education
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of YED
We have 5 other meanings of YED in our Acronym Attic
- Young European Crohn's and Colitis Organisation
- Yearbook of the European Convention on Human Rights
- Yukon Electrical Company Limited (Whitehorse, Yukon Territory, Canada)
- Year End Close Out
- Yemen Company (publicly traded)
- Young Earth Creation Science
- Yukon Entrepreneurship Centre Society (Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada)
- Youth Emergency Crisis Stabilization System (Winnipeg, Canada)
- Young Entrepreneurs Council of Ukraine
- Income Elasticity of Demand (economics)
- Yeast Extract Dialysate (microbiology)
- Yeast-Extract Dextrose
- Yellow Eyed Demon (from the TV show Supernatural)
- Yeovil Electronic Developments (UK)
- Yei Education and Development Agency (Sudan)
- Young Electronic Designer Awards (UK)
- Yorkville Economic Development Corporation (est. 2000; Yorkville, IL)
- Youth Employment Development Centre (Canada)
- Youth Empowerment for Development Ministries
- Yunus Emre Devlet Hastanesi (Turkish)
Samples in periodicals archive:
64 fewer years of education than respondents who were not parents.
A follow-up study of the highly respected Abecedarian Project in North Carolina found that participants, at age 21, compared to a control group, completed more years of education, scored higher in reading and math through high school and beyond, and were twice as likely to attend college.
6 more years of education and earned bachelor's degrees at three times the rate of Hispanics in English monolingual households (15.
HUNDREDS of pupils from schools across Warwickshire have been celebrating 100 years of education in the county.
Iowans in 1915 were apparently ahead of their time in educational attainment--they had the same average years of education (among 25-to-59-year olds) that the Nation had in 1940.
First-time mothers, women under 20, women with less than 12 years of education, nonsmokers and women who weighed more than 170 pounds were more likely to report vomiting, as were women who had vomited in previous pregnancies, they report in the November 1985 OBSTETRICS AND GYNECOLOGY.