The spacecraft would carry a xenon ion propulsion system (XIPS) for all on-orbit maneuvering and a chemical bi-propellant system for initial orbit raising.
What does XIPS stand for?
XIPS stands for Xenon Ion Propulsion System (spacecraft)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of XIPS in our Acronym Attic
- Xerox Incremental Parsing
- Xerox International Partners (Palo Alto, CA)
- Xhibit Installation Partners (Bloomingdale,IL)
- XML Intelligent Platform
- XML Intrusion Prevention (Forum Systems, Inc.)
- Xylanase Inhibitor Protein
- Xiamen Investment Promotion Agency (Xiamen, China)
- Xiamen International Port Co., Ltd. (Xiamen, China)
- XORP's Inter-Process Communication
- Xerox Intellectual Property Operations
- Xi'an Institute of Posts and Telecommunications (China)
- Externally Initiated Reset
- Xtreme Instant Rumble Clan (gaming group)
- XML Interface to Relational Database
- XML (eXtensible Markup Language) Information Retrieval Query Language
- Xenon Infrared Searchlight
- Xenopus Insulin Receptor Substrate
- Extensible Information Systems (Polexis, Inc.)
- X-ray Imaging Spectrometer
- X-ray Isochromat Spectroscopy
Samples in periodicals archive:
We will then activate the xenon ion propulsion system (XIPS) that will place Galaxy IIIC into its final orbital position at 95 degrees West longitude.
To provide 15 years' service, the Boeing 702 carries the flight-proven xenon ion propulsion system (XIPS) for all on-orbit maneuvering.
Four 25-cm xenon ion propulsion system (XIPS) thrusters, built by Boeing Electron Dynamic Devices Inc.
To provide 15 years' service, the Boeing 702 carries the flight-proven xenon ion propulsion system (XIPS), built by Boeing Electron Dynamics Devices, another Boeing Satellite Systems subsidiary, for all on-orbit maneuvering.