They use xenon arc lamps to reproduce full-spectrum sunlight--UV plus visible and infrared.
What does XAL stand for?
XAL stands for Xenon Arc Lamp
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of XAL
We have 3 other meanings of XAL in our Acronym Attic
- XML Application Integration
- Extended Application Information Table
- Xrhmatisthrioy Ajiwn Kyproy
- Xylazine-Acepromazine-Ketamine (anesthesia)
- Alamos Airport
- Alaris Royalty Corporation (stock symbol)
- Amex Airline Index
- Extended Application Language
- X10 Abstraction Library
- XML-Accelerator Library
- Extended Application-Layer Structure
- Extensible Access Method (SNIA)
- Merchant Ship Converted Into a Mine-Sweeper (US Navy)
- XML (Extensible Markup Language) Access Modules (computer programming)
- Extensible Application Markup Language (Microsoft)
- Transaction Authority Markup Language (vendor neutral transaction standard)
- X (any of four different operating systems), Apache, MySQL, PHP and Perl
- eXtended Account Managing Software
- Xiting Authorizations Management Suite (cybersecurity)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The traditional method employs a white light, typically from a Mercury or Xenon arc lamp.
Its xenon arc lamps are full-spectrum (UV, visible light and infrared) to realistically reproduce sunlight, sunlight through window glass and bright indoor lighting.
The key features of the new facility are two "miniature suns" -- six-inch xenon arc lamps that operate at 6,500 watts.
Xenon Arc Lamps The xenon arc was adapted for accelerated weathering in Germany in 1954.
The Q-Sun xenon test chamber, featured in company literature, provides xenon arc lamps that are full-spectrum (UV, visible light, infrared) to realistically reproduce sunlight and bright indoor lighting.