In higher organisms, they fall into only two categories: xanthine dehydrogenases are involved in metabolic pathways; sulfite oxidases catalyse a small but important set of reactions involved in brain development.
What does XDH stand for?
XDH stands for Xanthine DeHydrogenase
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of XDH in our Acronym Attic
- Extensible Data Format
- Extreme Deep Field (astronomy)
- Xenografic Defined Flora (comparative medicine)
- XML (Extensible Markup Language) Data Format (also known as Extensible Data Format)
- Xbox Disc File System (Microsoft)
- Xerox Distributed File System
- X Desktop Group
- XHTML (Extensible Hypertext Markup Language) Design Guide
- Xunta De Galicia
- Xaveer De Geyter Architects (Brussels, Belgium)
- Xerox Document House Limburg (Limburg, Netherlands)
- Xantrex Datacom Inverter
- XLNT Designs, Inc. (networking)
- XRI Data Interchange
- Xbox Development Kit (Microsoft gaming console)
- XML Development Kit
- Xtremely Dangerous Killers (gaming)
- Chandler, Quebec, Canada - Chandler / via Rail Service (Airport Code)
- Cross Enterprise Document Librarian (medical records)
Samples in periodicals archive:
I once caught him targeting xanthine dehydrogenase.
Purification, crystallization and preliminary X-ray diffraction studies of xanthine dehydrogenase and xanthine oxidase isolated from bovine milk.
Effect of cassia oils on serum and hepatic uric acid levels in oxonate-induced mice and xanthine dehydrogenase and xanthine oxidase activities in mouse liver.
The uric acid concentration is a useful diagnostic marker for deficiencies of phosphoribosyl pyrophosphate synthetase (PRPPS)  hypoxanthine guanine phosphoribosyl transferase (HGPRT), purine nucleoside phosphorylase (PNP), xanthine dehydrogenase (XDH), and molybdenum cofactor (2).
When the enzyme is deficient, adenine is not salvaged to AMP, but instead is oxidized to 8-hydroxyadenine and 2,8-dihydroxyadenine by xanthine dehydrogenase (XDH).