The Alpha Particle X-ray Spectrometer and the Mars Hand Lens Imager, which share the turret with the brush and the rover's hammering drill, can gain data after dust removal, which usually would not be accessible from a dust-blanketed rock.
What does XRS stand for?
XRS stands for X-Ray Spectrometer
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of XRS
We have 7 other meanings of XRS in our Acronym Attic
- xApps Resource and Portfolio Management (SAP)
- Extensible Resource Provisioning Management Working Group
- Major Repairs (book condition)
- Excess Report
- X-Ray Reflectometry
- X-Responsive Region (biochemistry)
- XML Registry/Repository (IBM Websphere)
- Extended Router Redundancy Protocol (Hewlett-Packard)
- Excellent Retrieval System
- X-Ray Sensitivity
Samples in periodicals archive:
The rock's composition will be determined with the help of the arm-mounted Alpha Particle X-Ray Spectrometer and the mast-mounted, laser-zapping Chemistry and Camera Instrument.
A collaboration between the Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory (PPPL) and MIT on the Alcator C-Mod tokamak has demonstrated the operation of a greatly improved X-ray spectrometer to determine radial profiles of ion temperature and the rotational velocity of the high temperature plasma.
The miniaturised X-ray spectrometer, about the size of a toaster, and known as D-CIXS, was at the core of the mission.
com, is touting its X-Lab 2000 X-ray spectrometer as ideal for this purpose.