The satellite's active-cavity radiometer irradiance monitor revealed that the solar constant -- the total energy radiated by the sun -- varies in phase with the amount of solar activity, and Gurman says coordinated observations by ground-based instruments and Solar Max's X-ray polychromator have confirmed that energy "evaporation," or explosion, from the sun's chromosphere plays a role in the development of solar flares.
What does XRP stand for?
XRP stands for X-Ray Polychromator
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of XRP
We have 3 other meanings of XRP in our Acronym Attic
- eXpandable Resilient Networking
- X-Based News Reader
- X-Linked Recessive Nephrolithiasis
- X-Ray and Observational Astronomy (UK)
- Ex-Rockapella (music group)
- Extended Resource Planning (Cambridge)
- Riviere-A-Pierre, Quebec, Canada - Riviere A Pierre / via Rail Service (Airport Code)
- X-Linked Retinitis Pigmentosa (ophthalmology)
- X-Ray and Photofluorography Technician (US Navy)
- X-Ray Pelvimetry (obstetrics)
- Xtreme Racing Products, Inc. (South Gate, CA)
- X-Ray Pinhole Camera
- XQuery Remote Procedure Call
- X-Ray Powder Diffraction
- X-Ray Proximity Lithography
- eXtensible Resource Provisioning Management
- X-Rated Porno Machine (band)
- xApps Resource and Portfolio Management (SAP)
- Extensible Resource Provisioning Management Working Group
- Major Repairs (book condition)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Research Laboratory, the abundances measured with the Lockheed-built X-ray polychromator (XRP) aboard the Solar Maximum Mission satellite differ in different parts of the sun, sometimes varying even from minute to minute.
Harrison of the Rutherford Appleton Laboratory in Didcot, England, covered 16 CMEs photographed with Solar Max's coronagraph and monitored with its X-ray polychromator.