Most of the new conclusions trace to data gathered by two satellites, NASA's Chandra X-ray Observatory and the European Space Agency's X-ray Multi-Mirror Mission (XMM)-Newton observatory.
What does XMM-Newton stand for?
XMM-Newton stands for X-Ray Multi-Mirror Mission
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Xenopus MARCKS (Myristoylated Alanine-Rich C Kinase Substrate)-Like Protein (genetics)
- XML (eXtensible Markup Language) Protocol (W3C)
- Xenogeneic Mixed Lymphocyte Reactions
- Extensible Markup Language User Interface
- Extensible Markup Language User Interface Language
- eXtensible Markup Language Web Services
- Extended Memory Manager
- High Throughput X-Ray Spectroscopy Mission
- X-Ray Multi-Mirror observatory (European Space Telescope)
- XRay Multimirror (telescope)
- Xtreme Motorsports of California
- eXploration and Mining Markup Language (GML based encoding for geoscience, exploration and mining data)
- Xenopus Molecular Marker Resource
- X MultiMedia System (audio player for X-Windows)
- Xiamen, China - Xiamen International (Airport Code)
- Xtreme Military Nation (gaming clan)
- Xpress Mail Network Edition (trademark of Microsoft, Inc.)
- Cross Modulation
- Extreme Modifications (gaming)
- XML Metadata Object Persistence
Samples in periodicals archive:
Last December, the European Space Agency launched the X-ray Multi-Mirror Mission (XMM)--Newton observatory, which has a lower resolution but can see dimmer objects than Chandra can.