of Technology) explains a nascent technology for detecting element-specific magnetic moments of solids using the electron microscope that has achieved a resolution of about one nanometer, compared to the 20-50 nanometers for the current technology, X-ray magnetic circular dichroism (XMCD), which is used in the synchrotron.
What does XMCD stand for?
XMCD stands for X-Ray Magnetic Circular Dichroism
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Xtreme Math Baseball (education game)
- XYBASE Message Broker (various locations)
- Xtreme Math BasketBall (education game)
- Xmsf Battle Management Language (VMASC)
- Cross-Market Mikrocontroller
- Express Mezzanine Card (VITA)
- XCEED Mortgage Corporation (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
- XDR (External Data Representation) Memory Controller
- Xspedius Management Co., LLC
- Xplosive Media Concept Creation
- eXtensible Media Commerce Language (digital rights management cross-product metadata system)
- eXtensible Media Commerce Language (XML-based)
- Extended Multi-Configuration Quasi-Degenerate Perturbation Theory (computational chemistry)
- XMM (X-Ray Multi Mirror Module) Mission Control System (European Space Agency)
- Xtreme Modified Challenge Series (car racing; Stockton, CA)
- Xilinx Microprocessor Debugger
- Ever-Extending Mobile Document Format (file format)
- XHTML Meta Data Profiles
- Xputer Multimedia Development System
- X-Men: Evolution (cartoon)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Chapters on magnetic vibrational circular dichroism (MVCD) and x-ray magnetic circular dichroism (XMCD) and magnetic linear dichroism spectroscopy round out the book.