These images of an enzyme, which is a drug target for sleeping sickness, are the first results from our new 'diffract-then-destroy' snapshot X-ray laser method to show new biological structures which have not been seen before," explained John Spence, ASU Regents' Professor of Physics.
What does XRL stand for?
XRL stands for X-Ray Laser
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of XRL
We have 2 other meanings of XRL in our Acronym Attic
- Extended Range Guided Projectile
- Extensible Resource Identifier
- X-Ray Interferometry
- X-Ray Internship (Sherman College of Straight Chiropractic; Spartanburg, SC)
- X-Ray Image Intensifier
- Experimental Surface Ship-Launched Aerial Intercept Guided Missile
- eXtended Routing Information Protocol
- Extended Reference Interaction-Site Model
- Executable Rule Language
- Extended Range Lance
Samples in periodicals archive:
Summary: TEHRAN (FNA)- Scientists created the shortest, purest X-ray laser pulses ever achieved, fulfilling a 45-year-old prediction and opening the door to a new range of scientific discovery.
A new state-of-the-art laboratory in Ottawa will be home to Canada's fastest X-ray laser flash.
The papers are organized into sections dealing with wire array z-pinches, x- pinches, gas-puffs, plasma focus, capillary discharges and soft x-ray lasers, pulsed power drivers, and diagnostic techniques and spectroscopy.