However, white dwarfs were not considered capable of producing such a huge X-ray flash but the optical observations in South Africa and Chile showed that the white dwarf was orbiting a hot B star-a normal star about 10 times the mass of our Sun that is much hotter and brighter.
What does XRF stand for?
XRF stands for X-Ray Flash
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of XRF
We have 17 other meanings of XRF in our Acronym Attic
- Xenobiotic Responsive Enhancer Module
- Auxiliary Report
- Exploitation and Reporting Coordinating Committee
- eXtended Range Electro-Muscular Projectile
- eXtended Range Electronic Projectile (TASER International, Inc.)
- X-Ray Emission Spectroscopy
- Expert System Restoration
- Cross Reference
- Extended Recovery Facility (IBM)
- Extended Reliability Feature
Samples in periodicals archive:
The X-ray flash is so fast that it can freeze the motion of an electron orbiting an atom.
Fast X-Ray Flash Produces Results Cornell University scientists have successfully snapped X-ray diffraction pictures of biological molecules 1 million times faster than ever before, opening the way for studies of how molecules change shape in the instant they perform important functions in the body.