It should be distinguished from quantitative X-ray absorption spectroscopy of the evaporated fill (Curry 2008) to obtain plasma particle densities.
What does XAS stand for?
XAS stands for X-Ray Absorption Spectroscopy
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of XAS
We have 1 other meaning of XAS in our Acronym Attic
- X.400 Application Programming Interface Association
- X-ray Appearance Potential Spectroscopy
- X-Ray Astronomy Program Working Group (NASA)
- eXtended Attribute Record (CD Format)
- Xtreme Air Racing (computer game)
- Xerox Amateur Radio Club
- Xenopus Axin-Related Protein (biology)
- Xibun Archaeological Research Project
- Experimental Air Specification Weapons
- X-Linked Alport Syndrome (biomedicine)
- X-Ray Amplification by the Stimulated Emission of Radiation
- X Application Server System
- X-Amateur Station Tracking and Information Reporting (program developed by global programmers and amateur radio enthusiasts)
- X-Ample Technology (Netherlands)
- X-Autosomal Translocation (genetics)
- Xarrin Advanced Technologies
- Xavier Admission Test (higher education; India)
- Gold Exchange Rate (ISO)
- Xi'an University of Architecture and Technology (China)
- 10 Gigabit Attachment Unit Interface
Samples in periodicals archive:
A sampling of topics: novel computational methods for nanostructure electronic structure calculations, chemistry of Hofmeister anions and osmolytes, tuned range-separated hybrids in density functional theory, oxide surface science, functional motifs in biochemical reaction networks, molecular structural dynamics probed by ultrafast x-ray absorption spectroscopy, statistical mechanical concepts in immunology, bio-enabled synthesis of metamaterials, transition-path theory and path-finding algorithms for the study of rare events, enhanced sampling of nonequilibrium steady states, and fluctuations in biological and bioinspired electron-transfer reactions.
Al-Biruni and Ibn Sina did not have the advantage of using X-ray absorption spectroscopy to investigate the structure of water, but both of them were scientists whose worldview was informed by the Qur'an and both of them knew that there were signs in the water pouring down from the sky, giving life to earth after it had become lifeless, causing all manner of living creatures to multiply thereon (al-Baqarah:164).
Rapid Computation of X-Ray Absorption Using Parallel Computation: FeffMPI X-ray absorption spectroscopy (XAS) uses energy-dependent modulations of photoelectron scattering to determine local atomic structure .