CTD is estimated to currently affect about 50,000 boys in the United States and is the second-most common cause of X-linked mental retardation after Fragile X syndrome.
What does XLMR stand for?
XLMR stands for X-Linked Mental Retardation
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- XML Linking Language
- Xenopus Larval Keratin
- X-Linked Kallmann Syndrome
- Extensible Linking Language
- Xenopus Laevis Lung (lung physiology)
- XL Life Insurance and Annuity Company (Illinois)
- X-Linked Laterality Sequence
- Excel Macro (Microsoft)
- Xetra Liquiditätsmaß (German: Xetra Liquidity Measure)
- Xtensa Local Memory Interface (trademark of Tensilica)
Samples in periodicals archive:
inborn errors of metabolism, genodermatosis, skeletal dysplasias and X-linked mental retardation.
In males, mutations in MECP2 can be associated with X-linked mental retardation or with severe neonatal-onset encephalopathy (11,12).
A variety of other proteins are attached to this core unit, including one involved in X-linked mental retardation and another associated with breast cancer.