Comparative distribution of the alpha 1(IV), alpha 5(IV), and alpha 6(IV) collagen chains in normal human adult and fetal tissues and in kidneys from X-linked Alport syndrome patients.
What does XAS stand for?
XAS stands for X-Linked Alport Syndrome (biomedicine)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of XAS
We have 1 other meaning of XAS in our Acronym Attic
- XML:DB Application Programming Interface (for XML databases)
- X.400 Application Programming Interface Association
- X-ray Appearance Potential Spectroscopy
- X-Ray Astronomy Program Working Group (NASA)
- eXtended Attribute Record (CD Format)
- Xtreme Air Racing (computer game)
- Xerox Amateur Radio Club
- Xenopus Axin-Related Protein (biology)
- Xibun Archaeological Research Project
- Experimental Air Specification Weapons
- X-Ray Absorption Spectroscopy
- X-Ray Amplification by the Stimulated Emission of Radiation
- X Application Server System
- X-Amateur Station Tracking and Information Reporting (program developed by global programmers and amateur radio enthusiasts)
- X-Ample Technology (Netherlands)
- X-Autosomal Translocation (genetics)
- Xarrin Advanced Technologies
- Xavier Admission Test (higher education; India)
- Gold Exchange Rate (ISO)
- Xi'an University of Architecture and Technology (China)
Samples in periodicals archive:
4,9,10) Although most patients with X-linked Alport syndrome will have a known family history of renal disease, 10% to 15% of cases appear to represent de novo mutations in the COLA5 gene.