We show that p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase (p38 MAPK) phosphorylates the spliced form of X-box binding protein 1 (Xbp1s) on its Thr48 and Ser61 residues and greatly enhances its nuclear migration in mice, whereas mutation of either residue to alanine substantially reduces its nuclear translocation and activity.
What does XBP stand for?
XBP stands for X-Box Binding Protein (virology)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of XBP
- Extended Business Modeling Language
- Xenopus Bone Morphogenetic Protein
- Xerox Business Management System (software package)
- XML (Extensible Markup Language) Bibliography Management System
- XML Base Management System
- Bayesian Network in XML (file format)
- Xbox Nation (XBox gaming console magazine)
- XML (Extensible Markup Language) Belief Network (file format)
- XSL (eXtensible Stylesheet Language) Business Output Suite
- Extreme Basic Package (audio equipment)
- X-Ray Bright Point
- XBase Parts
- Xerox Business Partner (network accounting)
- Expendable Bathy-Photometer (oceanography)
- Brockville, Ontario, Canada (Airport Code)
- Exception Based Reporting
- Project X, Black Remote (Sony)
- X-Band Radar
- Xtreme Bicycle Racing (publication; Australia and New Zealand)
- Xerox Business Research Group (El Segundo, CA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In particular, X-box binding protein regulates the functional capacity of endoplasmic reticulum, the part of cells where new proteins are created, folded, and then transported out for use by the cell.
The researchers have now shown that a transcription factor that normally helps relieve ER stress, called X-box binding protein 1 (XBP-1), is unable to function in obese mice.