It will provide service in Canada and South America and has an X-band payload for government communications over the Americas and the Pacific Ocean.
What does XB stand for?
XB stands for X-Band
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of XB
- XSBI Attachment Unit Interface (IEEE 802.3ae)
- Extended Authentication (various companies)
- Capreol, Ontario, Canada - Capreol / via Rail Service (Airport Code)
- X Athena Widgets
- Xtreme Auto Expo (New Zealand)
- Campbellton, New Brunswick, Canada - Campbellton (Airport Code)
- Exchangeable Bonds (corporate finance)
- Experimental Bomber (US military aircraft designation)
- Halifax to Boston (routing designation; US Navy; Canada and US)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The X-band radar, capable of precisely tracking the trajectory of a ballistic missile, allows US forces to launch intercept missiles from the ground and sea once a ballistic missile has been detected, AFP reported.
Technological Challenges It is widely known that monolithic microwave integrated circuits (MMICs) - which include a transistor, capacitor, resistor, and circuit interconnects all mounted on the same semiconductor substrate - enable wideband characteristics at high frequencies such as the C- and X-band range.
firm, in the vanguard of the emerging technology of superconducting microelectronics, is currently developing the world's first X-Band All-Digital Receiver for PM DCATS under a small business innovation research contract.