Helmick retired from the United States Army in July of 2012 as Commanding General of the XVIII Airborne Corps and Fort Bragg, capping his accomplished 36-year military career as the leader of America's only Airborne Corps and largest military installation.
What does XVIIIABC stand for?
XVIIIABC stands for XVIII Airborne Corps
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Xtreme Visual Basic Talk
- eXtensible Viewer Composition (in-vehicle user interface framework for telematics applications)
- X Video Channel extension (X server extension)
- Xtreme Violence Clan
- eXtended Video Compact Disc (pseudo standard derived from Video Compact Disc, VCD)
- Xen Virtual Disk (computing)
- X Virtual Frame Buffer (aka X-Windows Virtual Frame Buffer)
- eXtended Video Graphics Array (1024 x 768 pixels)
- Digital Video Compression Format based on DivX (MPEG-4)
- XML (Extensible Markup Language) Validation Interoperability Framework
- EXtensible Markup Language Virtual Machine
- X-Video Motion Compensation (an extension to X11 that handles full motion video)
- Extended Video on Demand
- Xtreme Velocity Racing
- External Visibility System
- X/Open Validation Suite
- X-Men vs. Street Fighter (Capcom video game)
- Executive Vector Table
- X Virtual Terminal
- X-wing Vs Tie Fighter (Star Wars game)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In April 1969, Major Lackey assumed command of the 218th MI Detachment, XVIII Airborne Corps.
With the arrival of a new director and the XVIII Airborne Corps engineer section in January 2011, the J7 developed a restated mission with clear purpose and intent; identified key tasks to meet evolving mission requirements and achieve the desired end state; reorganized internally to create a flatter, faster, and more transparent structure; and realigned its internal planning, decision, and execution cycles to meet the demands of the complex operational environment and to establish the means to transition to end of mission (T2EOM).
Sergeant McCabe is a photojournalist with the XVIII Airborne Corps Public Affairs Office, Fort Bragg, North Carolina.
This article discusses how Army requirements have driven the transformation of our network architecture, how the XVIII Airborne Corps Signal team adapted to mission requirements during their current Operation Iraqi Freedom rotation, and how Signaleers in general are adapting to the meet the challenges of the rapidly changing Signal environment.
; died Friday in Wardak province, Afghanistan of injuries sustained when enemy forces attacked their unit using small arms fire; assigned to the 118th Military Police Company, 503rd Military Police Battalion, 16th Military Police Brigade, XVIII Airborne Corps, Fort Bragg, N.
At the same time, Colonel Hart established a rapport with the Army by visiting his counterparts at the XVIII Airborne Corps and 82nd Airborne Division and becoming more familiar with how the Army does business.
Army Headquarters XVIII Airborne Corps at Fort Bragg, NC.