The cure rate of patients with drug-resistant TB is <50% for those with MDR TB (5), whereas culture conversion was observed in only 19% of XDR TB case-patients during the follow-up period, irrespective of HIV status (6).
What does XMC stand for?
XMC stands for XDR (External Data Representation) Memory Controller
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of XMC
We have 1 other meaning of XMC in our Acronym Attic
- Excursion Maximum (speakers)
- Cross Media Bar (Sony user interface)
- Extreme Message Board
- Xtreme Math Baseball (education game)
- XYBASE Message Broker (various locations)
- Xtreme Math BasketBall (education game)
- Xmsf Battle Management Language (VMASC)
- Cross-Market Mikrocontroller
- Express Mezzanine Card (VITA)
- XCEED Mortgage Corporation (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
- Xspedius Management Co., LLC
- Xplosive Media Concept Creation
- X-Ray Magnetic Circular Dichroism
- eXtensible Media Commerce Language (digital rights management cross-product metadata system)
- eXtensible Media Commerce Language (XML-based)
- Extended Multi-Configuration Quasi-Degenerate Perturbation Theory (computational chemistry)
- XMM (X-Ray Multi Mirror Module) Mission Control System (European Space Agency)
- Xtreme Modified Challenge Series (car racing; Stockton, CA)
- Xilinx Microprocessor Debugger
- Ever-Extending Mobile Document Format (file format)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Management of contacts to infectious XDRTB patients is difficult as we do not have guidelines and there is a lack of proven effective treatment for XDR latent tuberculosis infection (6).
However, only few studies have investigated antibodies as potential EP-blocking-agents that may potentiate antimicrobial sensitivity in XDR bacteria.
Elpida), Japan's leading global supplier of Dynamic Random Access Memory (DRAM), has announced the availability of 512 Megabit XDR DRAM devices in sample quantities.
Published reports of XDR TB prevalence indicate that XDR TB is probably an underestimated problem in mainland China (3-7).
Any secondary infection will, of necessity, be with XDR organisms, perpetuating the problem into the future generations.
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] Super-heated by the HIV/AIDS pandemic, South Africa is 'sitting on a volcano' of lethal extreme drug-resistant TB infections with the known XDR TB case load having increased by 41% and direct fatalities by 46% between March and August this year.