The researchers found a gene -- which they named XIST, for X inactive-specific transcript -- that functions only in inactive X chromosomes.
What does XIST stand for?
XIST stands for X Inactive-Specific Transcript (genetics)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of XIST
- XML (Extensible Markup Language) Intranet System (software)
- XML Integration Services
- Xploring Inner Space
- Xtranet Internet Services (South Africa)
- Xtreme Internet Solutions
- Crisis Management (computer science)
- Xavier Institute of Social Service
- Xerox Industry Solutions & Services
- XML (Extensible Markup Language) Interactive Slide Show
- Candidate Gene for X-Inactivation Center
- Xi'an International Studies University (China)
- Xavier Institute for Tribal Education (Gamharia, India)
- Xiamen International Trade and Industrial Company, Ltd. (Xiamen, China)
- Extensible Information Views
- Externally Induced Voltage Alteration
- Xtreme Italian Wrestling
- Cross Industry Working Team
- Cross-Industry Working Team