Kelly's Nieuwejaar's article about the word "caretaker" ("The wrong word," Fall 2012)--and how inappropriate it can sometimes seem--spoke louder to me than any other article about MS I have ever read.
What does WW stand for?
WW stands for Wrong Word (proofreading)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of WW
We have 41 other meanings of WW in our Acronym Attic
- Work Week
- Working Women
- World War
- Worth Watching
- Wounded Warrior
- WoWWiki (gaming, World of Warcraft)
- Written Warning (human resources and education)
- Wrong Way
- Wrong Window
- Wu Wear (clothing line)
- Wiscasset, Waterville and Farmington Railway
- Wide-Waisted Gaussian Beam
- White Water/American Adventures
- Wet Weight/Dry Weight Ratio
- Westwood One (syndication arm of Viacom's Infinity Broadcasting radio division)
- World War 1
- World War 2
- Israel Aircraft Industries 1124 Westwind (business jet)
- White Water to Blue Water (Partnership Initiative)
Samples in periodicals archive:
I don't know why he said what he did, but what I can say is that it's just maybe a wrong word to say.
As one who frequently belts out the wrong words to a recently modified old favourite, I enjoyed his piece immensely.
Last week we put the wrong words into a story after technical problems with our new Automated Subbing System (A.
com Religion is a touchy subject--one wrong word can imply a deep, personal insult to someone one merely intended to have an intellectual discussion with.
IN RESPONSE to P Mather of Wavertree (yesterday's Daily Post) I agree that this country seems to be sliding down the side of an abyss into a vile cesspool of the most loathsome humanity imaginable - and humanity is probably the wrong word.
From avoiding 'wretched verbs' to not choosing the wrong word, real-world examples are specific and many a businessperson will readily recognize themselves in the examples.