The idea of sending an email to the wrong person or not including someone is downright frightening (or at least really, really embarassing) and Google has recognized this with a new feature.
What does WP stand for?
WP stands for Wrong Person
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of WP
We have 39 other meanings of WP in our Acronym Attic
- WorleyParsons (Australia)
- Worst Player (gaming)
- Worthless Parasite
- Wrist Pitch
- Writ Petition (law; India)
- Write Protected
- Writing Power
- Written Premium (insurance)
- Written Production (test)
- Workload Planning and Control
- Wilton Public and Gregg Free Library (Wilton, NH)
- White Pass & Yukon Route (railway)
- Working Party on Aid Effectiveness
- White Phosphorus Tracer (ammunition)
- Word Processing/Administrative Support
- Word Processing/Data Processing
- Weapons Procurement (Appropriation) Navy
- Word Processing/Office Systems
Samples in periodicals archive:
Katherine Murphy, director of the Patients Association, said: "There are so many incidents of Government departments and NHS sending people's details to the wrong person and it's worrying this keeps happening.
Issues such as the time it takes to reach a representative, a lack of familiarity with the company's products and services, and being transferred to the wrong person or department, when not identified and remedied, can cause significant damage to a company's reputation and future business," she added.
ALMOST half of mobile phone users have accidentally sent a text message to the wrong person, sometimes resulting in the break-up of a relationship or a job being lost, according to a new report.
However, a test conducted by the FDA has shown that many of these warnings may never arrive or may reach the wrong person.