I think once they get that it's about learning, that learning really is what matters in this model, faculty really value that," Milliron said, noting that their assessment methods are rigorous and tend to be writing intensive - not simply multiple choice tests.
What does WI stand for?
WI stands for Writing Intensive
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of WI
We have 21 other meanings of WI in our Acronym Attic
- Women's Initiative (American University)
- Women's Institute
- Women's Reserve Intelligence Duties (US Navy)
- Woodwork Institute (formerly Woodwork Institute of California)
- Work Input (simple machines)
- Work Instruction
- Work Items
- Workforce Informer (various organizations)
- Working Interest
- Write Image
- Wrought Iron
- Wyoming Incident (fandom)
- Washington, Idaho & Montana Railway Company
- Wisconsin Association of Colleges and Employers
- [not an acronym] (IEEE 802.11b wireless networking; coined from Wireless Fidelity, a play on High Fidelity)
- Wi-Fi Targeted Video Dynamic Advertising (Wi-Fi TV Inc.)
- International Conference on Web Intelligence and Intelligent Agent Technology
- Worldwide Interoperability for Microwave Access, Inc. (group promoting IEEE 802.16 wireless broadband standard)
- Wisconsin Self Help for Hard of Hearing People, Inc.
- Wachovia Insurance Agency (Georgia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The second English paper will be taken on the second day and the writing intensive geography exam will be on the same day as maths one.
When tutors work with instructors in writing intensive courses, there can be major communication gaps.
She passed the test and enrolled in College Composition I, a reading and writing intensive course for beginning college students.
blurb describing this film on the back cover of the package) Contents: * Part 1: Examining Cultural Differences in Writing * Part 2: Assessing International Students' Writing * Part 3: Developing Strategies That Work for International Students Writing Across Borders was written and directed by Wayne Robertson and produced by the Oregon State University Writing Intensive Curriculum, Vicki Tolar Burton, Director, and the Oregon State University Center for Writing and Learning, Lisa Ede, Director.
Woodlief, Ann (1994) "American Nature Writing: A Computer and Writing Intensive Course.
These tutors work with a writing intensive class and a professor to improve the writing ability of the students in that class.
Abstract Experience indicates that a major impediment to writing intensive strategies such as problem-based learning is the excessive time one must spend in formative assessment activities.