A year after its founding as Wright Laboratory, Salmon L.
What does WL stand for?
WL stands for Wright Laboratory
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of WL
We have 57 other meanings of WL in our Acronym Attic
- Women's List (Iceland political party)
- Woodcliff Lake (New Jersey)
- Woods Lamp (type of ultraviolet lamp)
- Wordline (computer memory)
- Work Leader
- Working Level
- World League (volleyball)
- World Lock (gaming)
- Wario Land 3 (gaming)
- Wario Land 4 (gaming)
- Harley-Davidson World War II 45 cubic inch V-twin military motorcycle model
- Washington Library Association (Washington state organization for librarians)
- Washington Lightkeepers Association (Seabeck, WA)
- Wasteload Allocation
- Web, Library and Archives (IACO)
- Week Look Ahead
- Weighted Linkage Algorithm
- West Los Angeles (California, USA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Air Force Wright Laboratory in Dayton, Ohio, received this year's IgNobel Peace Prize for research and development on a so-called "gay bomb" that would "make enemy soldiers become sexually irresistible to each other".
A Wright Laboratory spokesman said that alloy 7093 "exhibits greater stress corrosion resistance than 7075-T6 with no reduction in yeild, strength, ultimate tensile strength and fracture toughness.
The "aphrodisiac" chemical weapon was among a number of bizarre ideas put to the Pentagon by the US Air Force Wright Laboratory in Dayton, Ohio.
At this point, the work at Wright Laboratory on smart structures involves generic shapes such as plates and beams.