[[page-break]] The launch of the new bureau follows last year's successful staging, at ADNEC, of the World Ophthalmology Congress (WOC) and a number of subsequent competitive congress wins.
What does WOC stand for?
WOC stands for World Ophthalmology Congress
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of WOC
We have 107 other meanings of WOC in our Acronym Attic
- Word of Christ
- Work Order Control
- Workforce Opportunities Council
- Workshop on Open Certification of Software Testers
- Workshop Organizing Committee
- World Of Chris (game)
- World of Color (Disney show)
- World of Comics (German comic artists)
- World of Concrete (industry event)
- World of Conflict (gaming)
- World Orchid Conference
- World Organization of Creditors (Russia)
- World Orienteering Championships
- World Orthopaedic Concern
- World Outreach Church (Murfreesboro, TN)
- World Overall Championships (frisbee sports)
- Wound, Ostomy and Continence
- Written and Oral Communications
- Wing Operations Center (Airlift)
- Wing Operations Center (Fighter)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The emergence of the new bureau follows a growing appetite for Abu Dhabi as a major convention destination over the past year and a huge surge in its major business events credentials following last year's successful staging, at Adnec of the World Ophthalmology Congress (WOC) and a number of subsequent competitive congress wins.
Having under our belt the successful hosting in February of this year of the World Ophthalmology Congress which was attended by upwards of 10,000 delegates, our major meetings credentials have been significantly strengthened,' explained Al Nuaimi.
February is also promising to be a stellar month with over 10,000 participants due in town for the World Ophthalmology Congress, the largest convention to be held in the UAE capital to date.
Examples include the World Diabetes Congress in December in Dubai or the World Ophthalmology Congress in February 2012 in Abu Dhabi; these are the biggest meetings ever held in Dubai and Abu Dhabi respectively, each with over 15,000 delegates.
IN THE past Allergan has been likened to a mini Johnson & Johnson, "except we don't sell baby lotion", the company's CEO David Pyott (pictured) tells me when I meet him at the World Ophthalmology Congress in Berlin.