The international team, a coalition between two consortia--the World Ocean Circulation Experiment (WOCE) and the Joint Global Ocean Flux Study (JGOFS)--measured carbon dioxide levels in ocean waters across the globe and at several depths.
What does WOCE stand for?
WOCE stands for World Ocean Circulation Experiment (WCRP)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of WOCE
- Wireless and Optical Communications Conference
- Women of Color Coalition
- World of Coca-Cola (Atlanta, GA)
- Workshop on Child, Computer and Interaction
- Workshop on Optical Communications for Computing Systems (International Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium)
- West Orange County Consortium for Special Education (California)
- Windsor Orange County Credit Union (Vermont)
- World Council of Credit Unions, Inc. (Madison, WI)
- Warrant Officer Career Development
- Window Opening Control Device (window safety hardware)
- World of Car Equipment (Germany)
- World Ocean Circulation Experiment International Project Office
- World Ocean Circulation Experiment Numerical Experimentation Group
- World Ocean Circulation Experiment Scientific Steering Group
- Write-On Consulting Firm (Las Vegas, NV)
- Women of Color Film Festival (Berkeley, CA)
- Web Offset Champion Group
- Wisconsin Office of the Commissioner of Insurance (Madison, WI)
- Women of Color Initiative (various universities)
- Women of Color Institute (conference)
Samples in periodicals archive:
We have centered our program on the Brazil Basin for several reasons: French and German oceanographers had already planned extensive hydrographic work in this region as their contributions to the World Ocean Circulation Experiment, previous work in the area suggests that the return circuit through the thermocline is surprisingly strong in this area, and the geometry of the Brazil Basin is relatively simple--there are just three major connecting passages to neighboring basins and the bottom and boundaries are smooth, except for the Mid-Atlantic ridge portion on the basin's eastern side.
The tracer release operation is only one part of a seven-year international effort called the World Ocean Circulation Experiment, which started in 1990.