The World Network of Biosphere Reserves declared under this programme currently counts 610 biosphere reserves in 117 countries all over the world.
What does WNBR stand for?
WNBR stands for World Network of Biosphere Reserves (UNESCO)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of WNBR
We have 2 other meanings of WNBR in our Acronym Attic
- Wearing Nothing But Chainmail
- World Network Business Club (investing)
- West Nile Bank Front (African terrorist group)
- World Natural Bodybuilding Federation
- World Nibuikai Budo Federation (World Head of Families Sokeship Council)
- Womens National Basketball League (Australia)
- Wisconsin National Board Network
- West New Britain Province (Papua New Guinea)
- World Naked Beach Party
- World Naked Bike Ride
- Wednesday Night Bible Study (various religious groups)
- Western Nigeria Broadcasting Service (TV station)
- Wireless Network Business Unit (Cisco Systems)
- Washington National Cathedral (Washington, DC)
- Wednesday Night Club
- West Negros College
- Western Naval Command (Indian Navy)
- Western Nevada College
- Western North Carolina
- Westwood Neighborhood Council (Los Angeles, CA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The United Nations Educatio-nal, Scientific and Cultural Organization added on a total of 22 new sites in 17 countries to Unes-co's World Network of Biosphere Reserves, or WNBR, which now consists of 553 sites in 107 countries.
There are 553 sites within the world network of biosphere reserves, including the Central Amazon in Brazil and the Everglades in Florida.