At the World Islamic Banking Conference in Bahrain, the US was represented for the first time while the World Islamic Economic Forum in Malaysia looked back at last year's gathering in Kazakhstan and ahead to next year's in the UK.
What does WIBC stand for?
WIBC stands for World Islamic Banking Conference (Dubai, United Arab Emirates; annual)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of WIBC
We have 5 other meanings of WIBC in our Acronym Attic
- Women in Business Association
- Womens International Boxing Association
- Women in Business Advisory Forum (Palatine, IL)
- Well I'll Be A Monkey's Uncle
- Wouldn't It Be Better If
- Washington International Business Council
- Watonga Indian Baptist Church (Oklahoma)
- Western International Band Conference
- Women's International Bowling Congress
- World Indoor Bowling Council
- Wisconsin Basketball Coaches Association
- West Islip Breast Cancer Coalition (New York)
- Well, I'll Be Damned
- Windward Islands Banana Development and Exporting Company
- Whitaker Institute of Biomedical Engineering (University of California, San Diego)
- Wirtschaftlichkeitsberechnung (German: Economic Efficiency)
- Workforce Investment Board of Eastern Arkansas (West Memphis, AR)
- Women in Banking and Finance (est. 1980; London, England, UK)
- Women in Business Foundation (Samoa)
- Women International Boxing Federation
Samples in periodicals archive:
According to Ernst and Young's 'World Islamic Banking Competitiveness Report 2013' released last year on the sidelines of the World Islamic Banking Conference, the Kingdom's Islamic asset market share amounted to 26.
The achievements, innovations, and excellence in the international Islamic banking and finance industry were recognized at the 19th Annual World Islamic Banking Conference (WIBC 2012) held at the Gulf Convention Centre in Bahrain recently.
MORE than 1,200 industry leaders, senior decision-makers and key regulators from over 50 countries are set to gather at the 18th annual World Islamic Banking Conference (WIBC 2011) in Bahrain.
At the 17th Annual World Islamic Banking Conference (WIBC 2010), Richard Thomas, CEO, Gatehouse Bank (Gatehouse) plc, a wholesale Sharia-compliant investment bank based in the city of London, and a subsidiary of the Securities House Kuwait, commented on the important issue that the Islamic banking and finance industry is facing today -- a critical need for dynamism in business strategies to suit changing economic conditions.
The 16th annual World Islamic Banking Conference (WIBC 2009), to be held from December 6 to 8 at Gulf Hotel, will focus on the 'new strategies for new economic realities,' said the event organizers Middle East Global Advisors (Mega).
The 2008-09 WIBC Competitiveness Report was released yesterday at the 15th Annual World Islamic Banking Conference (WIBC) executive briefing which was led by McKinsey partners from key international centers.