The World Institute for Development Economics Research was established 20 years ago as the first research and training centre of the United Nations University to offer policy-oriented critical thinking and analysis for the improvement of the living conditions and sustainable development of the poorest of the poor.
What does WIDER stand for?
WIDER stands for World Institute for Development Economics Research (Research and Training Centre of the United Nations University)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Web Integrated Data Environment (US Navy)
- Web of Information for Development
- Wide-Angled Infinity Display Equipment
- Widely Integrated Distributed Environment
- Women in Development Europe (NGO network)
- Writing in Digital Environments (Michigan State University)
- The Widecom Group, Inc. (stock symbol)
- Wide Integrated Digital Enhanced Network (Nextel)
- Wireless Deployable Network System
- Wireless Sensor Network Deployments
- Wide Spectrum
- Wideband Transmission Relay Acoustic Communications
- Web Institutional Data Form
- Weezer Introspective Discussion Forum (band)
- Weighted Inverse Document Frequency
- Winelands Integrated Development Framework
- Women in Deep Foundations (Deep Foundations Institute; Hawthorne, NJ)
- Women in Development Foundation
- Women's International Democratic Federation
- World India Diabetes Foundation