Taipei, June 28, 2010 (CENS)--The International Council of Societies of Industrial Design (Icsid) recently announced that the City of Montreal, Canada has proclaimed June 29 World Industrial Design Day (WIDD); the first city worldwide to officially commemorate the day in acknowledgment of the importance of industrial design to social and economic development.
What does WIDD stand for?
WIDD stands for World Industrial Design Day (International Council of Societies of Industrial Design)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of WIDD
We have 1 other meaning of WIDD in our Acronym Attic
- Windows-Install-Date Changer
- Wolfe Island Day Camp (Ontario, Canada)
- Women in Development Centre (Kampot, Cambodia)
- Women in the Director's Chair
- Women's Information and Documentation Centre (Albania)
- World Irish Dancing Championships
- Wyoming Industrial Development Corporation (Casper, WY)
- Warfighting Integration and Development Directorate (US Army, Fort Sill, OK)
- Water Investigation and Development Department (India)
- Why I Don't Date (website)
- When in Doubt, Do Without
- Web Integrated Data Environment (US Navy)
- Web of Information for Development
- Wide-Angled Infinity Display Equipment
- Widely Integrated Distributed Environment
- Women in Development Europe (NGO network)
- Writing in Digital Environments (Michigan State University)
- The Widecom Group, Inc. (stock symbol)
- Wide Integrated Digital Enhanced Network (Nextel)
- Wireless Deployable Network System
Samples in periodicals archive:
The launch of the awareness initiative was followed by a celebration of the World Industrial Design Day 2008, which included a series of speakers and presentations from members of the sector and Yarmouk University Industrial Design students.