UNU-WIDER's World Income Inequality database shows that the Gini coefficients in China, which measure the income inequality ranging from zero for 'perfect' equality to one for maximal inequality, have been consistently higher in rural areas than in urban areas, despite the observed growing inequality in urban areas largely attributed to unregistered migration from the countryside to the cities.
What does WIID stand for?
WIID stands for World Income Inequality Database
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of WIID in our Acronym Attic
- Washington Internship Institute
- Wieso Immer Ich
- Wildlife Institute of India
- Wildlife Institute of India (Uttarakhand, India)
- Women in Insurance (various locations)
- World Internet Institute (Sweden)
- Worldwide Information Infrastructure
- Wounded, Ill, and Injured
- Work Incentives Improvement Act
- Winrock International Institute for Agricultural Development
- Women Interested in Engineering (University of Nebraska-Lincoln event)
- West Indies International Furniture (British West Indies)
- World Islamic Infrastructure Finance Conference
- What's In It For Me?
- What's in It for Me?
- What's in It for Them
- What's In It For You
- Walden International Investment Group (San Francisco, CA)
- Wojewodzkiego Inspektoratu Inspekcji Handlowej (Polish: inspection of commerce; Poland)
- Washington Institute for Israel Health Policy Research
Samples in periodicals archive:
To capture inequality we not only take GINI income inequality index (Gini) from UNU/WIDER World Income Inequality Database (WIID) but also we employ UTIP-UNIDO Theil measure (Theil) calculated by University of Texas Inequality Project (UTIP) which captures wage inequality between skilled and unskilled labour.