She is a lecturer and broadcaster, and she has written two other books about the Amazon, including Trapped: Modern-day Slavery in the Brazilian Amazon, which won a Judges' Award from World Hunger Year, New York.
What does WHY stand for?
WHY stands for World Hunger Year (founded by Harry Chapin)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of WHY
We have 8 other meanings of WHY in our Acronym Attic
- Western Hardrock Watershed Team (Washington, DC)
- Web Hosting World Wide (New Jersey)
- Winderweedle, Haines, Ward & Woodman (law firm; Orlando, FL)
- New York to United Kingdom (routing designation; US Navy)
- Wide Hex eXtended Graphics Array (5120 by 3200 pixels; 16:10 aspect ratio)
- West Hartford Yoga (Hartford, CT)
- West High Yield Resources (Canada)
- What Have You (UK classified ads)
- Woodland Hills Youth (St. Paul, MN)
- World Home for Youth (Italy)
- Water, Hops, Yeast, Malt, Extras (the ingredients in beer)
- West Haven Youth Basketball (West Haven, CT)
- Where Have You Been?
- Wild Harbor Yacht Club (North Falmouth, MA)
- Winthrop Harbor Yacht Club (Winthrop Harbor, IL)
- Wooden Hull Yacht Club (Seal Beach, CA)
- World Hydrological Cycle Observing System
- What Have You Done
- What Have You Ever Done
- World Heritage Youth Forum (international cultural education program)
Samples in periodicals archive:
His daughter Jen Chapin, a Brooklyn musician, now chairs the board of World Hunger Year, the organisation her father co-founded 28 years ago to feed the poor.
Rogal was named a finalist in the 2002 Harry Chapin Media Awards, sponsored by World Hunger Year, for his series of stories on the CHA's Service Connector program.
A hungry world is a dangerous place," writes Peter Mann of World Hunger Year.
Peter Mann, international coordinator for World Hunger Year and a Just Food Coordinating Committee member, says, "When I go to my CSA site to pick up my weekly food delivery, I leave the subway stress and swirling Broadway crowds and descend into another world .
Peter Mahn, the international coordinator for World Hunger Year, says HPI has earned a great deal of respect from the giants of international aid, such as the World Bank, USAID and the United Nations.