At the Seventh World Conference in Poland, a Belgian delegate suggested that the girls' appreciation and friendship should not only be shown by the exchange of wishes but also through presents, which are after all typical of birthdays, in the form of a voluntary contribution to the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts.
What does WAGGS stand for?
WAGGS stands for World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Water Air Gas Electric Steam (energy and power management systems)
- Wayne Action Group for Economic Solvency (Goldsboro, NC)
- Women and Associations for Gain Both Economic and Social (Togo microfinance)
- Women's Action to Gain Economic Security
- Work And Gain Economic Self-sufficiency
- Working to Achieve Growth in Employment Skills (Seattle, Washington job readiness program)
- West Africa Growth Fund (est. 1997)
- World Assemblies of God Fellowship
- Women's Action Group On Female Excision And Infibulation
- World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts
- West Africa Gold, Inc.
- West African Glass Industry PLC (Port Harcourt, Nigeria)
- What a Great Idea
- Wildlife Action Group International (est. 2007)
- Wisconsin Adjusted Gross Income (taxes)
- Women and Gender Institute (Miriam College; Philippines)
- Washington Geographic Information Council
- What A Great Idea Company (Los Gatos, CA)
- Women and Genetics in Contemporary Society
- Western Australia Government Information Vault (Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
For years, conservatives have said the Girl Scouts of the USA supports Planned Parenthood, and have also objected to its membership in the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts.
Today, 10 million girls and young women, members of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts in 145 countries, will work together on the dangerous infections, as set out in the Millennium Development Goals of the United Nations.
Ending poverty is a part of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS) Global Action Theme, which encourages girls and young women to make a personal commitment to change the world around them by linking to an important global agenda.
Focus on Leadership Development and Advocacy Opportunities for Girls to Engage in Global Issues NEW YORK -- Today at the Clinton Global Initiative (CGI) Annual Meeting, The UPS Foundation and the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS) announced a five-year, $2 million commitment that supports young women to become advocates and leaders on issues such as environmental sustainability, the Millennium Development Goals and community development.
Ayiti: The Cost of Life is a great way to teach American youth about global issues such as poverty, access to education and human rights," said Chinwe Okorie, United Nations Representative for the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts.
Norwegian American Foundation, Haberman & Associates, Comcast, Volvo and the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts, along with various Expedition donors.
She later was program executive for the European Region of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts, where she led development and training issues for 42 countries with up to 750,000 members per country.