At the Seventh World Conference in Poland, a Belgian delegate suggested that the girls' appreciation and friendship should not only be shown by the exchange of wishes but also through presents, which are after all typical of birthdays, in the form of a voluntary contribution to the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts.
What does WAGGS stand for?
WAGGS stands for World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Water Air Gas Electric Steam (energy and power management systems)
- Wayne Action Group for Economic Solvency (Goldsboro, NC)
- Women and Associations for Gain Both Economic and Social (Togo microfinance)
- Women's Action to Gain Economic Security
- Work And Gain Economic Self-sufficiency
- Working to Achieve Growth in Employment Skills (Seattle, Washington job readiness program)
- West Africa Growth Fund (est. 1997)
- World Assemblies of God Fellowship
- Women's Action Group On Female Excision And Infibulation
- World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts
- West Africa Gold, Inc.
- West African Glass Industry PLC (Port Harcourt, Nigeria)
- What a Great Idea
- Wildlife Action Group International (est. 2007)
- Wisconsin Adjusted Gross Income (taxes)
- Women and Gender Institute (Miriam College; Philippines)
- Washington Geographic Information Council
- What A Great Idea Company (Los Gatos, CA)
- Women and Genetics in Contemporary Society
- Western Australia Government Information Vault (Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
For years, conservatives have said the Girl Scouts of the USA supports Planned Parenthood, and have also objected to its membership in the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts.
Today, 10 million girls and young women, members of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts in 145 countries, will work together on the dangerous infections, as set out in the Millennium Development Goals of the United Nations.
Ending poverty is a part of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS) Global Action Theme, which encourages girls and young women to make a personal commitment to change the world around them by linking to an important global agenda.