In a reversal to his earlier statement, executive director of USMS, Rob Butcher, said that the board is recognised by the FINA, a signatory to the World Anti-Doping Code, and as such must recognize bans imposed by other signatories, like USADA.
What does WADC stand for?
WADC stands for World Anti-Doping Code (sports)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of WADC
We have 7 other meanings of WADC in our Acronym Attic
- Windermere, Ambleside and District Angling Association (UK)
- Weak And Dizzy All Over (Medical)
- Worthing and District Amateur Radio Club (UK)
- Washington Ada Symposium
- Western Australian Drug Abuse Strategy Office
- West African Development Bank
- Western Australian DNA Bank (medical research)
- Washington District of Columbia
- Western Art Directors Club (est. 1961; Palo Alto, CA)
- Western Australian Darts Council, Inc.
- Worthington Area Democratic Club (Worthington, OH)
- Wright Air Development Center (USAF)
- Williamstown and District Cricket Association (Williamstown, Victoria, Australia)
- Western African Development Corporation
- Westinghouse Advanced Development Company
- Western Australia Department of Corrective Services
- Washington Association of Demolition Drivers (Spanaway, WA)
- Wright Air Development Division (formerly the Wright Air Development Center; now the Aeronautical Systems Division)
- Works As Designed, Design Is Faulty
- Washington Animal Disease Diagnostic Laboratory (Pullman, WA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Times said Armstrong hoped to persuade anti-doping officials to allow him to resume competition in athletic events that adhere to the World Anti-Doping Code, under which the Texan is currently subject to a lifetime ban.
In accordance with the World Anti-Doping Code, the UCI had 21 days to respond, until October 31, and president Pat McQuaid announced the world governing body would accept USADA's findings and ratified the sanctions imposed on Armstrong.
In accordance with the World Anti-doping Code, the UCI had 21 days to respond, until October 31, but now McQuaid will address the issue in Geneva, Switzerland on Monday.
The penalty is binding on all countries signed up to the World Anti-Doping Code.
One of the most significant achievements in the fight against doping in sport to date has been the drafting, acceptance and implementation of a harmonized set of anti-doping rules, the World Anti-Doping Code (Code).
Howman said the BOA had a deadline of May 18 to change their bylaw or face being reported to the International Olympic Committee for remaining "non-compliant" with the world anti-doping code.
It gives clean athletes the confidence we're working hard on their behalf, within the framework of the World Anti-Doping Code, to protect their right to compete in dopingfree sport," he added.