Being a qualifier for the World Amateur Golf Rankings, it will be a walking tournament for all three rounds.
What does WAGR stand for?
WAGR stands for World Amateur Golf Ranking (St. Andrews, Fife, Scotland, UK)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of WAGR
- With A Grain Of Salt
- We Are God's People
- West African Gas Pipeline
- Western Australian General Practice Network
- Washington Area Group for Print Culture Studies (Washington, DC)
- Western Australian General Practice Education and Training
- West African Gas Pipeline Project
- Western Australian Government Railways (Australia)
- Wilms' tumor/Aniridia/Genitourinary Anomalies - Mental Retardation Syndrome
- Windscale Advanced Gas-Cooled Reactor
- Western Australian Greyhound Racing Authority
- World Assemblies of God Relief and Development Agency
- Wagr Syndrome with Obesity
- Warsaw Ghetto Resistance Organization
- World Alliance of Gourmet Robustas (New York, NY)
- Washington Area Girls Soccer League
- Water and Gas Safety (cutoff valve)
- Western Association of Graduate Schools
- Windshear Alert and Guidance System
- Wireless Air Gunners School (Royal Australian Air Force)
Samples in periodicals archive:
So his omission from the three-man side, despite being the highest placed Scot in the World Amateur Golf Ranking, earned controversy that quickly turned to condemnation when the team finished tied 44th at the event in Turkey.
The 22-year-old Porteous, the eighth-placed English player in the world amateur golf rankings in 92nd place, is also a country member of the Northumberland club.
The R&A have accepted a request from the Cheshire Union to include the County Strokeplay Championship in the World Amateur Golf Ranking from 2011.
The field for this R&A World Amateur Golf Ranking event is divided into five age-groups and the player with the lowest gross score after three rounds of stroke-play, regardless of age or gender, will be crowned champion.
Fleetwood, ranked tenth in The World Amateur Golf Ranking, was this morning taking on Andrew Shakespear of Five Lakes in his opening game of the matchplay section.
He is still ranked just outside the top 100 amateur players in the world according to the World Amateur Golf Ranking, and he has been in possession of nine amateur course records, including those of Royal Lytham & St Annes and the New and Jubilee courses at St Andrews.