The so-called Kiteline World solution, unveiled at the recent World Airline Entertainment Association (WAEA) conference and exhibition in Palm Springs, California, brings together LiveTV's US domestic air-to-ground (ATG)-based Kiteline email service and Iridium's Openport satellite communications service for a cost-effective, pay-per-megabyte plan for data transfer.
What does WAEA stand for?
WAEA stands for World Airline Entertainment Association
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of WAEA
We have 2 other meanings of WAEA in our Acronym Attic
- Wide-Area Application Engine (Cisco)
- Wireless Application Environment (WAP)
- Wireless Applications in the Enterprise
- Work Assessment Executive
- Work Assignment Executive
- Workshop on Algorithm Engineering
- Western Agricultural Economics Association
- Wet-Autoclaved Spray-Dried Egg Albumen (nutritional science)
- Wisconsin Art Education Association (est. 1950)
- War Agricultural Executive Committee (England, UK)
- West Africa Examination Council
- West African Examinations Council
- Western Australian Electoral Commission (est. 1987)
- Winnipeg Adult Education Centre (Canada)
- Wrong Arithmetic Expression in Branch Condition (software fault)
- World Association of Early Childhood Educators
- West Alabama Economic Development Authority
- Western Arkansas Employment Development Agency Inc. (Van Buren, AR)
- Warrensburg Area Economic Development Corporation (now Johnson County Economic Development Corporation; Missouri)
Samples in periodicals archive:
AIRLINE INDUSTRY INFORMATION-(C)1997-2008 M2 COMMUNICATIONS LTD Inflight entertainment system engineer and project manager for Swiss International Air Lines, Christine Ringger, has been elected as president of the World Airline Entertainment Association (WAEA) for the 2008-2009 term.
Representing a collaborative effort between Panasonic, product development firm Teague and select seat manufacturers, including Weber Aircraft, the so-called Fusion integrated seat will be shown publicly for the first time when the annual World Airline Entertainment Association (WAEA) exhibition opens its doors on 6 October in Palm Springs, California.
AIRLINE INDUSTRY INFORMATION-(C)1997-2008 M2 COMMUNICATIONS LTD The World Airline Entertainment Association (WAEA) has announced that it is to host the organisation's 2009 Annual Conference & Exhibition in Palm Springs, California, USA.
After years of sluggish innovation, carriers "have recently begun to pour millions of dollars into improving their cabin product, elevating first and business class to new heights, while reducing the back-end of the airplane to a flying merchandise mart", said Pierre Jeanniot in a keynote address at the World Airline Entertainment Association (WAEA) conference and exhibition in Toronto.
Although no one is really sure when in-flight entertainment was first introduced, the World Airline Entertainment Association (WAEA) reports that in 1961 TWA aired By Love Possessed on a flight from New York to San Francisco.