Titled the Workplace Religious Freedom Act of 2012, AB 1964 would nail down the right of workers for firms in the private sector to wear religiously oriented clothing on the job.
What does WRFA stand for?
WRFA stands for Workplace Religious Freedom Act
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of WRFA
We have 1 other meaning of WRFA in our Acronym Attic
- WordReference Forums
- Workfactor Reduction Field
- World Reformed Fellowship
- World Rehabilitation Fund
- World Research Foundation
- World Resources Forum
- World Rural Forum
- Write Flash Signal (optical disk writing)
- Wide-Rage Frequency Audiometry (otolaryngology)
- Wilderness Remote First Aid (Canada; est. 1996)
- Western Regional Fisheries Board (Ireland)
- Washington Rugby Football Club (est. 1963)
- Wilmington Regional Film Commission
- Wimbledon Rugby Football Club (UK)
- Women's Royal Flying Corps (UK)
- Worcester Rugby Football Club (UK)
- World Recreational Fishing Conference
- Worthing Rugby Football Club (UK)
- War Reserve Functional Coordinating Group
- West Reading Fire Department (Pennsylvania)
Samples in periodicals archive:
1, workers in Oregon got a boost in the protection of their religious expression when the state's Workplace Religious Freedom Act went into effect.
For example, Religious Right groups want to enact an overly broad version of the Workplace Religious Freedom Act (WRFA) to allow employees to claim their religious beliefs prevent them from complying with their employers' anti-discrimination policies.
One bill, co-sponsored by John Kerry and Rick Santorum, called the Workplace Religious Freedom Act, would allow pharmacists to refuse to dispense a drug if another pharmacist on duty could step in and fill the offending prescription.
have joined with religious leaders to sponsor the Workplace Religious Freedom Act.
The concept of undue hardship, as it relates to religious freedom in the workplace, has been very controversial and is likely to become even more so in the future if the Workplace Religious Freedom Act passes.