Peter Barnes, co-founder of Working Assets Long Distance and Credit Card Services, and writer for Newsweek and the New York Times, says capitalism needs an upgrade.
What does WALD stand for?
WALD stands for Working Assets Long Distance (company)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of WALD
We have 1 other meaning of WALD in our Acronym Attic
- Woodmen Accident and Life Company
- Worcester Adult Learning Center (Worcester, MA)
- Woreda Advisory and Learning Committee
- Workbook of Activities for Language and Cognition
- Workers Auto Loan Club
- Worldwide Aviation Logistics Conference
- Wyoming Agricultural Leadership Council
- Wisconsin Association of Land Conservation Employees
- Workshop on Algorithms and Computation
- Workforce and Leadership Development (University of Kansas School of Medicine; Wichita, KS)
- Wrong Algorithm - Small Modifications Needed (software fault)
- Wayfinding Agents for Locating Distributed Objects
- Wellington Avenue Local Development Organization (Chicago, IL)
- Westchester Academic Library Directors Organization (est. 1982)
- Wisconsin Asbestos and Lead Database Online (Department of Health Services)
- Work and Live District Overlay (zoning strategy; New Jersey)
- Wall-Adapting Local Eddy (viscosity model)
- Washington Association of Library Employees
- Weighted Average Lease to Expiry (investment metric)
- Wide Area Link Emulator (Linux)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Employees of Working Assets long distance telephone service have donated money to plant 5,100 trees in AMERICAN FORESTS' Trees for Tigers project.
The Movement's Pioneer The granddaddy of these services is Working Assets Long Distance (WALD), which launched the socially responsible phone business more than 10 years ago.