Kim Yang-gon, Secretary of the Central Committee of the Workers' Party of Korea, said in a statement carried by the official Korean Central News Agency that the North will pull out all workers from the Kaesong Industrial Complex.
What does WPK stand for?
WPK stands for Workers' Party of Korea (Communist Party, North Korea)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of WPK
We have 1 other meaning of WPK in our Acronym Attic
- Wedding Photojournalist Association
- Whatcom Peace and Justice Center
- Winnebago Peace and Justice Center (Oshkosh, WI)
- Wrexham Peace and Justice Forum (UK)
- World Policy Journal
- Wilkinsburg Penn Joint Water Authority (Pennsylvania)
- Webhosting Protection Kit (software)
- Winter Park (Amtrak station code; Winter Park, FL)
- WordPerfect Keyboard (File Name Extension)
- Workers Party of Kampuchea (est. 1951; communist party; Cambodia)
- Western Pennsylvania Kennel Association (est. 1993)
- Wisconsin Professional Karate Association
- World Professional Kickboxing Council
- Wireless Public Key Infrastructure
- Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur (Indonesian: Wilayah Group Kuala Lumpur)
- World Professional Kickboxing League (martial arts)
- Wertpapier Kennnumer (German: securities identification number)
- Wet Passionate Kiss on the Lips
- Wet Passionate Kiss on the Lips
- Wakefield Public Library (Wakefiled, MA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
2 at the invitations of the Workers' Party of Korea, the Lao People's Revolutionary Party and the Communist Party of Vietnam.
Muscat, Oct 9 (ONA) --- His Majesty Sultan Qaboos Bin Said has received a cable of thanks from Kim Jong-un, First Secretary of the Workers' Party of Korea, First Chairman of the National Defence Commission and the Supreme Commander of the Korean People's Army in reply to His Majesty's congratulatory cable on the occasion of the 64th Anniversary of the foundation of the Republic.
But state media had previously only used his official title -- vice-chairman of the central military commission of the Workers' Party of Korea .
It will be the first major gathering of the Workers' Party of Korea since a congress in 1980 confirmed Kim as successor to his own father and founding president Kim Il-Sung said Kim Jong-Il had worked together with his father for years and was known to the people of North Korea when he assumed office, unlike the situation with Kim Jong-Un who has no government experience.
Until yesterday there was little argument about the holder of this coveted title: at 162cm, or a shade over 5ft 3in, Kim Jong-il, supreme commander of the Korean People's Army, general secretary of the Workers' Party of Korea and Great Leader of the People's Democratic Republic of North Korea, stood head and shoulders below the rest of the field.
KOREA TALKS HELD IN PYONGYANG) Senior Communist Party of China official Li Jianguo visited North Korea Thursday and held talks with Kim Ki Nam, a secretary of the Central Committee and other officials of the Workers' Party of Korea at the Mansudae Assembly Hall in Pyongyang, the Korean Central News Agency said.
His remarks came after North Korea's state-run Korean Central News Agency announced earlier in the day that the Central Committee and the Central Military Commission of the Workers' Party of Korea, the National Defense Commission and the Presidium of the Supreme People's Assembly jointly decided Tuesday to grant the title of Marshal to Kim, supreme commander of the Korean People's Army (KPA).