But he said spending time on work experience with local employers accounted for just two weeks of the academic year.
What does WEX stand for?
WEX stands for Work Experience
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of WEX
- West Eugene Wetlands Special Area Study (Eugene, OR)
- Workshop on Energy in Wireless Sensor Networks
- Workshop on Emerging Web Services Technology
- What Every Woman Wants (television show)
- World Ends with You (game)
- County Wexford, Ireland
- Warez Exchange
- Water and Energy Exchange (aka Water and Environmental Exchange; international summit)
- West Coast Computer Exchange
- Wex Photographic (est. 1997)
- World Engineering Exchange (Florida)
- Wright Express, Inc.
- What's Eating You
- Weyerhaeuser Company
- West End Youth Enquiry Service (UK)
- World Esperanto Youth Organization (Tutmonda Esperantista Junulara Organizo)
- What Ever You Want
- Weapon Engagement Zone (US DoD)
- Western Extension Zone (transportation; London, UK)
- Westeuropaeische Zeit (German: Western European Time, GMT)
Samples in periodicals archive:
THERE is a clear link between work experience at school and job prospects in later life, according to a new study.
YOUNG job hunters are being encouraged by everyone from their careers advisers to the Prime Minister to do work experience as a vital step towards getting their first job.
THE National Council for Work Experience (NCWE) is calling for North East enterprises to demonstrate the success of their schemes by entering its seventh annual awards.
The Populus survey of 500 UK business leaders for the Backing Young Britain campaign claims although almost nine in 10 employers (87%) view work experience as good practice, over half (55%) feel it only benefits the individual and not their organisation.
Byline: By DAVID JONES Business Correspondent A GROUP representing small firms in North Wales says it is delighted the government has relented and will not now use new legislation to "strangle" work experience for young people.