The way was paved for new areas of leadership by such women as Georgia Harkness in Methodism, and by women in academic life, including Mary Daly, Phyllis Trible, and Rosemary Radford Reuther, who reinterpreted the teachings of Jesus and referred to his example in their speaking and writing about women in church and society.
What does WICAS stand for?
WICAS stands for Women in Church and Society
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Western India Culinary Association (hospitality industry)
- When I Come Around (Green Day song)
- Whidbey Island Center for the Arts (Langley, WA)
- While in Control Area
- White Ironstone China Association, Inc.
- Wind Cave National Park (US National Park Service)
- Western Indiana Community Action Agency
- West Island Crusade Against Cancer (Canada)
- Western Idaho Community Action Program (Caldwell, ID)
- Worldwide Industrial Capabilities Assessment Program (US Defense Logistics Agency)
- Wireless Internet Center for Advanced Technology (Polytechnic University of Brooklyn)
- World Institute for Computer-Assisted Teaching (Utah)
- World Interactive Computer-Assisted Training
- West Indies Cricket Board
- Women in Cell Biology
- When I Can Be Bothered
- West Indies Cricket Board of Control
- Windward Islands Cricket Board of Control (St. Vincent & the Grenadines)
- Wageningen International Conference Centre (Wageningen, Netherlands)
- Walk in Cold Call