Sahar now lives in a Kabul shelter run by Women for Afghan Women.
What does WAW stand for?
WAW stands for Women for Afghan Women (Flushing, NY)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of WAW
We have 29 other meanings of WAW in our Acronym Attic
- Warsaw, Poland - Okecie (Airport Code)
- Waynesburg and Washington (railroad)
- WeddingsAtWork (Manila, Philippines)
- Weißer Arischer Widerstand (German: White Aryan Resistance)
- Wet and Wild
- When and Where
- Wide Area Wireless
- Winter Annual Weeds
- Wolfe Axelrod Weinberger (New York, NY; investment firm)
- Women Against War
- Woody's Access Watch
- Workshop on Algorithms and Models for the Web Graph
- World Assembly for Women
- World At War (game)
- Write-after-Write (computing)
- Water Authority of Western Australia
- Watershed Awareness to Watershed Action (Ohio)
- We Are Wide Awake (Clermont, Florida)
- We Are Women Activists Network (Somalia)
- Weirdo Alert Weirdo Alert (used when self or another person/mutant says or does something weird.)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A rights group, Women for Afghan Women which helped Gul in the court case, said it was not satisfied with the sentence.
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] Sakhina managed to flee to Kabul, Afghanistan's capital, to a secret shelter run by an organization called Women for Afghan Women (WAW).
In addition, the first conference of an organization called Women for Afghan Women held in late 2001 in New York included both Muslim women's rights activists and American feminists.
The conference was not about religion and religious dress codes," said Masuda Sultan, program director of Women for Afghan Women and an organizer of the meeting.
The Outlook Manizha Naderi of Women for Afghan Women says that's at least a step in the right direction: "This arrest gives hope to all Afghan women that their perpetrators will be brought to justice, that sooner or later criminals will be punished.