Byline: Maureen Messent NATIONAL treasure, all-Brit sweetie and Gurkha Amazon Joanna Lumley has had the good sense to upset Women against Rape, that weirdlynamed organisation that hints that non-members are in favour of it.
What does WAR stand for?
WAR stands for Women Against Rape
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of WAR
We have 89 other meanings of WAR in our Acronym Attic
- Wide Angle Reflection
- Wide Area Radio
- Wildlife at Risk
- Willing, Able and Ready
- Wins above Replacement (baseball)
- Wireless Access Revolution
- Wireless Advanced Router (various companies)
- With All Risks
- Within Arms Reach
- Women Accepting Responsibility
- Women Against Risk (Harm Reduction Project)
- Women's Army Rugby (US Military Academy; West Point, NY)
- Women's Association of Romania
- Woolmead Avenue Residents Association (UK)
- Work Acceptance Record
- Work Authorization Request
- Write after Read (computing)
- Warcraft 2 (game)
- Warcraft 3 (gaming)
- Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne (game expansion)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Should we tell women not to support women against rape groups because they have not done enough to stop men raping women?
And given the context, it's also hardly surprising that sceptics have raised the links with US-funded anti-Cuban opposition groups of one of those making the accusations - or that campaigners such as the London-based Women Against Rape have expressed scepticism at the "unusual zeal" with which rape allegations were pursued against Assange in a country where rape convictions have fallen.
Lisa Longstaff, of Women Against Rape, said: "I am concerned about this sentence.
Lisa Longstaff, of charity Women Against Rape, said police incompetence "has to stop".
This paper evaluates the failure of the Nigerian state to enforce laws to protect women against rape.
Byline: Carole Malone THE Association of London Government in its dubious wisdom is recommending the withdrawal of its measly pounds 26,000 a year grant to the organisation Women Against Rape.