Gender equality provisions should be implemented in the taxation and social security laws, protesters said, and Parliament should adopt the draft law protecting women against domestic violence.
What does WADV stand for?
WADV stands for Women Against Domestic Violence
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- We Are Different Together
- Web Accessibility Development Testing
- Wepman Auditory Discrimination Test
- West Australian Daylight Time
- Women Are Dreamers Too
- Workshop on Algebraic Development Techniques
- Western Atmospheric Deposition Task Force
- World African Diaspora Union (cultural group; Atlanta, GA)
- Wäxjö Datautbildningar (Sweden)
- Wexiö Växjö Datautbildningar
- Whale and Dolphin Watch Australia
- WAP Application Environment
- Wargaming the Asymmetric Environment (US DARPA program)
- Wausau Area Events (Wausau, WI)
- Wavelength Add Edge
- Weighted Average of Individual Estimates
- West Africa Energy, Inc (stock symbol)
- When Actually Employed
- While/When Actually Employed
- Wide Area Ethernet
Samples in periodicals archive:
NNA - Women Against Domestic Violence, staged a march between the ministry of the Interior and Parliament building in Nijmeh(Star) Square, to demand an immediate end to violence meted to women within the social familial context.
We must support men as well as women against domestic violence.
The Ministry has asked all the State Governments to appoint more protection officers for the effective implementation of the Protection of Women against Domestic Violence Act and setup more shelters and short stay homes for the victims of the violence, she said.
The Protection of Women Against Domestic Violence Act 2005 brings under its purview every kind of violence - physical, mental, emotional and sexual - committed against women by their husbands, in-laws or other family members.
Ebadi has defended the rights of women against domestic violence, "honor killings," arbitrary male initiated divorce, and for child custody and compensation after divorce.