The survey by the Women's Royal Voluntary Service said nearly half of Scots always use the same mug or cup and like their tea strong.
What does WRVS stand for?
WRVS stands for Women's Royal Voluntary Service (UK charity; formerly WVS)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Wave Riding Vehicles
- Western Recreational Vehicles, Inc.
- White River Valley (High School)
- Wissahickon Restoration Volunteers (Wissahickon Valley Park; Philadelphia, PA)
- Workshop on Virtual Reality (Brazil)
- Wrong Return Value from Function (software fault)
- White River Valley Electric Cooperative (Branson, MO)
- World Report on Violence and Health (World Health Organization)
- Water Resource Vulnerability Index (water resource indicator)
- White River Valley Players (Rochester, VT)
- Work Relative Value Unit (health care industry)
- Washington Romance Writers (Washington, DC)
- Waste Reduction Week (Canada)
- Weather Reconnaissance Wing (USAF)
- Wicked Road Warrior (men's clothing)
- World Romance Writers
- Writers Retreat Workshop (est. 1987)
- Western Riverside Waste Authority (London, England, UK)
- Westfield River Watershed Association (est. 1953)
- Westport River Watershed Alliance (est. 1976; Westport, MA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Huddersfield Women's Royal Voluntary Service awards were given to Jenny Polley, Alan Schofield and Barbara Tyers by the Mayor of Kirklees, Clr David Ridgway.
Ladies from the Women's Royal Voluntary Service (WRVS) attended the ceremony at South Shields Town Hall where they collected their long-service awards.
THE Women's Royal Voluntary Service (WRVS) give the impression of being a very benevolent organisation but in reality those who are out-of-touch in the head office in Cardiff are actually very hard-nosed and couldn''t care less for the local independent supplier.
The WRVS - formerly the Women's Royal Voluntary Service, which provides volunteers to help older people at home and in hospitals - celebrates its 75th anniversary in 2013.
Byline: RK MAINS YOUR scathing indictment of the plan to replace services offered by the Women's Royal Voluntary Service in the RVI with a private enterprise cafe is totally justified (The Journal, February 7).
MARY Howard-Jones has dedicated more than 50 years to the Women's Royal Voluntary Service.