This Women's Professional Football League started as a gimmick with teams in Cleveland and Akron but soon grew, adding cities as interest rose.
What does WPFL stand for?
WPFL stands for Women's Professional Football League
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of WPFL
- Washington Public Fire Educators
- Windows Presentation Foundation Everywhere (trademark of Microsoft, Inc.)
- Washington Political Film Foundation (Washington, DC)
- Whole Porcine Follicular Fluid (reproductive science)
- Woodland Park Fire Fund (Colorado)
- World Police & Fire Games
- Wright Patt Financial Group (Fairborn, OH)
- World Police and Fire Games Federation
- World Poker Fund Holdings, Inc. (Los Angeles, CA)
- Western Pennsylvania Field Institute
- Wrong Value Used in Parameter of Function Call (software fault)
- Miss-By-One Value Used in Parameter of Function Call (software fault)
- Workspace Prediction and Fast Matching System (computing; machine vision)
- Wright Peak Flow Meter
- Western Pacific Fishery Management Council (Honolulu, HI)
- Western Prairie Fringed Orchid
- Work Performed for Others
- Wrong Parameter Order in Function Call (software fault)
- Welfare Pension Fund Plan (Japan)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The regeneration of women's professional football began in 1999 with the Women's Professional Football League (WPFL).
Eastern (check local listings) Mylene Moreno's documentary True-Hearted Vixens is a cursory look at the Women's Professional Football League, but it's enough of a look to remind us how far women still have to go in professional sports--that what men take for granted, women are still struggling for.
She's eager to participate in the inaugural season of the Women's Professional Football League.