According to the Women's International Zionist Organization (WIZO), which organized the demonstration, around 200,000 women per year suffer violence from their partners.
What does WIZO stand for?
WIZO stands for Women's International Zionist Organization
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of WIZO
- What Is Your Problem?
- Western Iowa Youth Sports (Council Bluffs, IA)
- Whidbey Island Youth Soccer Association (Washington)
- What Is Your Threat Model (computer security)
- Werkgroep Integrale Zorg (Dutch: Integrated Care Working Group)
- Wildlife Interaction Zone (Cayman Islands)
- Wireless Internet Zone
- Weighted Intrazonal Connection
- Wizards Online (WOTC forum moderator)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Rudin has long supported organizations related to Israel, including the Women's International Zionist Organization and the Israel Cancer Research Fund.
The European-based Women's International Zionist Organization (WIZO) formed in the early 1920s, the same period when Hadassah struggled for independence from the Zionist Organization of America (ZOA), the postwar regrouping of the FAZ.