The team - a collaboration between experimentalists at the Wolfson Institute for Biomedical Research and a theorist, Peter Latham, at the Gatsby Computational Neuroscience Unit - took inspiration from the celebrated butterfly effect - from the fact that the flap of a butterfly's wings in Brazil could set off a tornado in Texas.
What does WIBR stand for?
WIBR stands for Wolfson Institute for Biomedical Research (UK)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of WIBR
We have 3 other meanings of WIBR in our Acronym Attic
- Wouldn't It Be Nice If
- Wouldn't It Be Nice If …
- Workforce Investment Board New Jersey (Woodbury, NJ)
- Wonen in Beschermde Omgeving (Dutch: Living in Protected Environment; Amsterdam, Netherlands)
- Workshop in Business Opportunities (entrepreneurial technical assistance non-profit organization)
- Whether in Berth or Not (shipping fixture)
- Warsaw Interbank Offered Rate
- Workforce Investment Board of Passaic County (Totowa, NJ)
- Watchman Institute for Biblical Research (Mills, WY)
- Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research
- Wireless Broadband Access Everywhere
- Wireless Broadband
- Wireless Broadband Access Point
- Wireless Broadband Access Terminal
- Weekly Incorrect Benefit Scheme (UK)
- will it be soon?
- Windsor Internet Booking System
- Women in Black Scotland (UK)
- Women in Business Symposium (San Diego, CA)
- Worthington Integrated Building Systems (Columbus, OH)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Prof Powell's previous positions include being chief executive of Arrow Therapeutics, head of antiviral research and head of biology at the Wellcome Foundation, and professor of virology and cell biology at the Wolfson Institute for Biomedical Research at University College, London.