Unfortunately, there is not a clear authority for Jack or anyone else who seeks statutory guidance for calculating the exact amount of a discount for a one-half interest in property held as joint tenants with rights of survivorship.
What does WROS stand for?
WROS stands for With Rights Of Survivorship
This definition appears somewhat frequently
See other definitions of WROS
- Wavelength Routed Optical Network
- Wojskowa Rada Ocalenia Narodowego (former Polish military government organization)
- We Are One
- Women Radio Operators of New England (est. 1955)
- Weather Reporting Office of the National Government (a proposed name for the original national weather service in 1890)
- Wool Research of New Zealand, Inc. (Lincoln, Christchurch, New Zealand)
- Wool Research Organisation of New Zealand
- Worldwide Registry of Professional Electrologists
- Wild Register Data Test Setup Register (computer programming)
- Western Region Outreach Service (Australia)
- Western Regional Off-Track Betting Corporation (Batavia, NY)
- Western Region Officer Training Camp (Flagstaff, AZ)
- Work-Class Remotely Operated Vehicle (US DoD)
- Waitabu Reef Protection
- War Risk Premium (shipping)
- Warrior Resiliency Program (US DoD)
- Waste Reduction Partners
- Waste Rock Pile
- Water Recycling Plant (various locations)
- Water Resources Program (various organizations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Many stock brokerage accounts are registered as joint tenants with rights of survivorship.
The three common forms of joint tenancies are: tenancy in common, joint with rights of survivorship and tenancies by the entirety.
The ruling went on to say that if the decedent's stock was transferred by act of law under a joint tenancy with rights of survivorship or as tenants of the entirety, the surviving spouse's signature would be sufficient to cover both parties (surviving and deceased spouses).
For example, many stock brokerage accounts are titled as joint tenants with rights of survivorship (JTWROS).