He suffered from Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome, a rare inherited blood disorder.
What does WAS stand for?
WAS stands for Wiskott-Aldrich Syndrome
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of WAS
We have 153 other meanings of WAS in our Acronym Attic
- Westfield Avenues Site
- Weymouth Ambulance Station
- Whitsunday Anglican School (Australia)
- Whole Air Sampler
- Wide Area Augmentation System
- Wide Area Subsystem
- Wide Area Surveillance (US DoD)
- Wide Area System
- Windows Process Activation Service (Microsoft Internet Information Services)
- Wireless Access System
- Work Authorization System
- Worked All States (Amateur Radio)
- Workplace Automation System
- World Aquaculture Society
- World Association for Sexual Health
- Watercolor Art Society - Houston
- Wank Adams Slavin Associates LLP
- Washington Association of School Administrators
- Water & Sanitation Agency (Lahore, Pakistan)
- Water And Sewer Authority
Samples in periodicals archive:
The charity were founded in 1974 by Shirley Nolan in honour of her toddler son Anthony, who needed a bone marrow transplant to cure the rare Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome.
Danny needed a transplant because the rare condition he suffers from, Wiskott-Aldrich Syndrome, left him unable to properly fight infections.
The remaining 2 samples were from infants diagnosed with Omenn syndrome and Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome.
For LYG, increased frequency is associated with both congenital and acquired immunodeficiency, such as X-linked lymphoproliferative syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome, and HIV/ AIDS in which T-cell surveillance is deficient (8).
11 New England Journal the successful treatment of two boys with a rare immune disease called Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome.
Jack suffers from Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome, a rare immune deficiency affecting one in four million people.
The patients with Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome have mutations in a gene called WASp.