org/books ORACLES: HOW PREDICTION MARKETS TURN EMPLOYEES INTO VISIONARIES explains how the wisdom of crowds and crowd behavior patterns has led to the evolution of prediction markets, a unique approach used by Google, Microsoft and even the CIA to tap employee insights on business.
What does WOC stand for?
WOC stands for Wisdom of Crowds (MIT's Center for Collective Intelligence)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of WOC
We have 107 other meanings of WOC in our Acronym Attic
- Week of Compassion (Indianapolis, IN)
- Western Operations Center (Forest Service)
- Whites Only Club
- Wide-Area Optimization Controller
- Wilchester Owners Committee
- Windows Operators Console (PBX)
- Winds of Change
- Wing Operations Center (US Air Force; US DoD)
- Winter of Code (openmaru)
- Wireless Opportunities Coalition
Samples in periodicals archive:
The project suggests that online games tapping into the wisdom of crowds maybe a fruitful approach to scientific challenges.
Among their perspectives are government as a platform, engineering good government, online deliberation and civil intelligence, Barack Obama and the wisdom of crowds, emergent democracy, why opensecrets.
In this column, we will begin to explore how consumers use the principle of the wisdom of crowds to find health information and make health care decisions.